General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

2007 Vue radio not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 02:45 PM
Question 2007 Vue radio not working

Recently bought a 2007 Vue with a radio in it I didn't like. I've found out that the Aura, Ion, and I think some other non-Saturn vehicles use what looks like the same radio as what comes in the Vue. I went to the junk yard and pulled a radio out of an Aura, I know that the radio works because the yard let me have a battery and key to the car. Now that It's in my Vue, all it gives me is the time. I think it may be locked or something, but it doesn't even say locked on it. I took it to a friends house who has tech2win and a few other programs, but he couldn't figure it out. Since he's messed around with it a little, it won't even give me the time anymore. When I hit the clock button, the time flickers on and off for less than a second, almost as if there's a power problem. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Last edited by SillySaturnGuy; 05-01-2024 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2024, 02:54 PM

I found this related article may have some good starting points as does googles crazy A.I. thing said these are the most common problems.
  • Check the fuses: A blown fuse is the most common reason a car radio stops working. You can check the fuse by holding it up to a light and looking through the middle. If a fuse is blown, the radio won't have power. You can try replacing any blown fuses.
  • Reset the radio: You can try pulling the radio fuses out and leaving them out for 3 minutes, then putting them back in. You can also try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes.
  • Check for loose connections: If the radio is intermittent, it could be a loose connection
plus
  • Other things you can try include: Checking the unit for protect mode, Checking the pigtail connector, Checking for power at head unit, Checking for ground at head unit, and Bench testing the head unit
https://www.justanswer.com/saturn/2d...wer-radio.html

I do not own a Vue but sometimes piecing out information from a quick search can help. Also from some researching it looks like this a pretty common on vues and i'm reading a bunch of stuff about reset codes. from this google search
https://www.google.com/search?q=2006...t=gws-wiz-serp

I hope this at least gets some research help going. Otherwise someone who owns a VUE and has experience should help! Good luck!

Old 05-01-2024, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

You're supposed to unlock a radio before you pull it from a vehicle. Then it is not ask for the code when you install it. Did it ever ask you for a code?

Old 05-01-2024, 08:59 PM

It never asked for a code, where would I find the one for that radio?

Old 05-01-2024, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Drive to a Chevy dealership and plead ignorance.
Sounds strange that it no longer displays anything.