Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

No start? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Question No start? Help!

Hi, just registered with your forum here. But i have experienced a small issue with my 1999 Saturn SC2 5 speed manual. This problem only happened once before, but now it has occured again and the hill start couldn't fix it. I parked my car in my friends driveway the other night, in perfect running order and when i returned to it, it would not start. no crank, just heard the relay and heard all the normal noises. But it hill started fine, so i shut it off like i did last time and tried with the key. Nothing. Any ideas? i was thinking starter solenoid but my research has brought me to believe that it could be something else. Also, long ago i was bored and installed 3 switches (for fun) from the iginition switch, one to the Ign. 1 wire (Pink), one to the ign. 2 wire (Brown) and one to the starter wire (yellow.) it has worked fine since then no issues but now for some reason i cannot get it to start. please help? would be great. thank you. I just really dont wanna have to park on a hill forever:/

Old 09-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Banned

Your yellow wire goes from the start switch to the start relay. You hear the relay cycle, so you are good up to there. 5 speed manual, therefore, output of starter relay goes to clutch start switch before going to starter solenoid. Hook up a volt meter to the purple control wire on the starter solenoid on the starter motor itself, and see if you get voltage when you try to start. If voltage present, the starter is bad, and should be replaced. If voltage is not present, either there is a wire broken somewhere, or the clutch start switch is bad