Saturn L Series Sedans & Wagons L100, L200, L300, LW200, and LW300

Blinker sound continues intermittently/won’t turn off

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2024, 06:36 PM
Default Blinker sound continues intermittently/won’t turn off

Hey, all, I’m driving at 2000 LW1 wagon. Doing great at 314K. This issue came up randomly. All the years I’ve had it the daytime running light dashboard light has never been on and recently it went on. No big deal but coincidentally about that same day or so, my blinker sound won’t turn off even when the blinker is not in use. I can’t use my blinkers at all because if I do it triggers the clicking and it continues. You can imagine spending the day driving this car with that clicking going on and it clicks in double time as if one of the lights is out, but they’re not. It randomly starts/stops. I’ve turned the car off waited and turned it back on. Still the same clicking. I have not figured out a way to turn it off so that’s why I’m here. I checked the blinker bulb I recently changed. Took it out. Problem persisted. I’ve seen this issue shared online, but I’ve not seen a solution to it posted as yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Selcat; 08-05-2024 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-05-2024, 07:41 AM

Hmmmm, I'm NOT a mechanic nor an electrician, but if it was mine, I'd try to find a fuse related to the DRL and take it out, then try the blinkers. If that doesn't work, then I'd try to locate the DRL module and unplug it. They must be related because I don't believe in coincidences. Are you sure that you put the right # bulb in when you replaced it? The wrong bulb can cause problems like that too.

Old 08-05-2024, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Are the drl s working 100% as designed?
Have you modified the drl system in any way?

Do you have more than one bulb for the turn signals at any location where the turn signal bulbs reside?

You mentioned the turn signal sound. Is it only the sound that continues or do the associated bulbs also keep blinking?

If you turn off the engine while it's acting up, remove the key for 10 sec, then restart the vehicle, does the issue go away or remain?

Old 08-05-2024, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

The flasher is part of and located in the hazard light switch. It is located in the center of the dash. Stroke the hazard switch a few times.
The daytime running lights and the dash cluster are BCM functions.
Turn signals and hazard lights are NOT BCM functions.

Old 08-07-2024, 05:09 PM

@Rubehayseed I’ll check the fuse for the DRL. I do have the correct # bulb in. Not finding the DRL module details in the Haynes or the original manual. Will need to research on that unless you know where it is?

Old 08-07-2024, 05:13 PM

@derf will doublecheck the drl s are working 100% as designed. They seem to be in order. I have not modified the drl system in any way. 1 for each turn signal. Need to double check it is only the sound as the dash turn indicator lights do not continue.

When I turn off the engine while it's acting up, remove the key for 10 sec & restart the vehicle, the issue does remain.

Old 08-07-2024, 05:15 PM

@02 LW300 Have stroked the hazard switch a few times but no result. Please clarify for this newbie what is BCM?

Old 08-08-2024, 07:44 AM

BCM is Body Control Module. I'm not sure about the location on your car, but THINK it's probably under the dash pad. 02 LW300 knows about the L Series cars. I'm sure he can tell you where it is and how to get to it.

Old 08-14-2024, 10:11 PM

@Rubehayseed still looking into all this. While the issue has mostly stopped, now my passenger blinker isn’t working, even with a new bulb. If this brings a fix to mind, I’m all ears.

Old 08-15-2024, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Try the hazards to do the bulb check, if all the bulbs come back replace the multifunction switch. There are two types, buy the correct one for your car. The 2000 has an off position for the headlights.

Quick Reply: Blinker sound continues intermittently/won’t turn off