Saturn L Series Sedans & Wagons L100, L200, L300, LW200, and LW300

L200 2002 Passenger Seat Removal

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM
Default L200 2002 Passenger Seat Removal

So I know for driver side seat it uses torx bolts to hold the rail down to the frame but my dad and I can't seem to figure out how to remove the passenger seat. There's no torque bolts holding it down anywhere and I can't find anything online about it either. Seat cushion is completely worn out so its getting switched out. Any help is appreciated

Old Today, 08:10 AM

Andy is our L series guru, so I'm sure he'll know. I DO know on the S series that there's a couple of reverse torx bolts on the front frame rails that hold them to the floorboard and two in the back. You have to slide the seat all the way backwards to access the front ones and all the way forward to get to the rear ones. Be forewarned that they used blue locktite on those bolts too. They'll be tough to get out.

Old Today, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

The passenger seat is the same as the driver’s side. There are probably plastic covers over the ends of the rails hiding the two torx bolt heads. Slide the seat forward all the way. If you only need to remove the bottom cushion there are two torx screws at the front hold it to the frame. I can post a picture tonight when I get home if that would help.

Old Today, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by 02 LW300
The passenger seat is the same as the driver’s side. There are probably plastic covers over the ends of the rails hiding the two torx bolt heads. Slide the seat forward all the way. If you only need to remove the bottom cushion there are two torx screws at the front hold it to the frame. I can post a picture tonight when I get home if that would help.
Thatd be greatly appreciated. Dad and I just couldn't find anyway thatd be possible to remove the seat nor could my buddy who predominantly works on saturns

Old Today, 05:53 PM
Old Today, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

I do jot have a picture of the plastic track cover. The screw comes in from the back, both of the L series cars home today have had the seats out. I do not reinstall the covers when I remove seats on my own cars. Here are pictures of my L200/5 passenger seat rails with the covers removed. You can see the boss that the cover screws into.

Old Today, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

The Saturn L series car is different than all other Saturns. It is really a GM Europe car, it is an Opel Vectra B that GM brought over and styled it to resemble the third gen Saturn S. Saturn L chassis parts are available from Europe since they sold many times more Vectra’s than Saturn L’s. The Saab 95 and the early Saab 93 up to 2003 use the same basic chassis and suspension, they are also GM Europe cars.