Outlook Lift Gate Configuration

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 03:46 PM
Default Outlook Lift Gate Configuration

Hello all, posting this to gain insight into a repair on my 2010 Outlook. The new local car wash took it upon itself to tear the chrome badge above my lift gate license plate off. It had some damage that looked beyond repair so I ordered a replacement. When it was delivered, it had no place for what looks to be a camera that is mounted in my original. Did the Outlooks come with a factory camera at any point? Does anyone know the wiring? The original with the thing that looks like a camera has a six pin connector and the "new" one has a two. Thanks for any insights provided.

Old 03-16-2024, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

What's stamped on the old part? Part number? Brand????

Old 03-22-2024, 11:10 AM
Default To Derf

Thanks for confirming you a jerk and know very little or want to share very little. There are no part numbers associated with whether or not Outlooks had cameras. Ultimately, the question very simple. And certainly the part numbers are different but that does not address the question regarding an Outlook with a back up camera. I have never seen or heard of an Outlook so equipped and thought there might be some expertise on this site with some insight. Clearly, I was mistaken.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:34 AM

Never bite the hand that feeds you. Derf is an administrator here and he'll likely ban you for your unnecessary attack. What the hell brought that on?

Old 03-24-2024, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

When I come across a part I can't easily identify, especially if I can't tell whether it's OEM, aftermarket, or even intended for the vehicle it's on, I start simple.

How's it labeled? Is it labeled? Is there anything I can search on on the net to figure out who made it?

My question is that simple.

1) The direct answer lies in a GM database.

Take your VIN to a Chevy dealer parts counter. They should be able to tell you what options were on the vehicle when sold new.
​​​​​​
2) have you searched on sites like gmpartsgiant to see if a backup camera existed in 2010?

3) where is the "replacement" part coming from if you don't know whether 2010 Outlooks had OEM cameras in the first place?

4) Are there any camera configuration screens for the display in the front of the vehicle?

Biting my head off b c you don't understand where I'm coming from isn't terribly productive, but we'll get to an answer if we can.

WE.

Old 03-24-2024, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Google: 2010 Saturn Outlook backup camera

Results/Screenshots

Secondary search on part number determined from original Google search

Image of six pin connector

Parts listing

Fitment confirmation for 2010 Outlook XE XR

Conclusion:
2010 Outlook XE XR may have been configured with an OEM rear view camera.

Note the above part number supercedes several others.I don't believe they would change the connector throughout the evolution of the part as there was only one generation of Outlooks and the camera was used throughout the GM line. But the superseded part numbers are there if you wish to investigate.

So a six-pin mating connector is what I would expect coming off the harness of the vehicle as OEM.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-24-2024, 08:18 AM

You put way too much effort into that one, derf. I'm willing to bet the OP NEVER comes back because he didn't get an immediate answer to his question. I'm sick of people like that.

Old 03-24-2024, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

That's okay. Took less than a minute to find the part number, 8 min to document, 1 min to post.

The "new one" is clearly not the same part, probably some aftermarket schnecc.

The way the OP worded the original post, it's almost as if they didn't know they had a backup camera installed until it got trashed at the car wash.

Someone must have turned it off in the settings for it not to appear with an image every time you put the vehicle in reverse.

Since he was able to order a replacement for the piece that goes across the lift gate and holds the camera, but without a camera slot, tells me it was an option and not standard equipment.

Just wanted to demonstrate to him that there is more than one way to go about solving a mystery.

Personally, The owner's manual would have been much faster for them.