Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Vent Hoses (Hard to find?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 02:39 PM
Banned
Default Vent Hoses (Hard to find?)

Looking for "proper fitting" Vent Hoses and PCV Valve Hose for 98' saturn SL2...

I cut my own at Autozone but they are "kinking" up and I also dont feel safe with the hood putting pressure on the hose when its all the way closed.

The original hose was not on the car when I first bought it, someone makeshifted the hose, but i need a better solution.

Please look at the attached Photo for reference.

My questions are:

A) Where could I get the original "angled" hoses for either/both locations or even aftermarket, AS LONG AS IT WORKS.

B) If impossible to get OEM-like replacement, where can I get a suitable hose that doesn't 'kink up' when its twisted for both locations, thus cutting off the passageway, so that I may custom fit it.

C) I noticed, like in the attached photo I found on Google for reference to this, that there is a Fastener being used on the PCV hose. Is that the way it comes OEM from saturn? I ask because mine did not have ANY on either end of either hose! They came off with the slightest tug.

P/N's and/or Links would be SUPER!

This is my new driver for work, I am trying to get everything repaired on it, love the car! Love these forums even more!

Thanks!
-Mike

Last edited by sw2cam; 05-17-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:40 PM
Banned

Here's the picture... sorry!

Attached Thumbnails Vent Hoses (Hard to find?)-venthose.jpg  
Old 05-17-2014, 05:43 PM

Is it possible for YOU to call a GM ie Chevy dealer and see if they can get you the hose? I'm not going to call for you.

Old 05-18-2014, 01:06 AM
Old 05-18-2014, 07:54 AM

Well, looking at that picture, I'm not sure I got what you wanted after all. I grabbed the one that goes from your PCV valve to the intake. I have no recollection of seeing a hose, nor a valve cover with a fitting in the spot where the first red arrow is. Yours is a 1.9 DOHC, right?

Old 05-18-2014, 11:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
Well, looking at that picture, I'm not sure I got what you wanted after all. I grabbed the one that goes from your PCV valve to the intake. I have no recollection of seeing a hose, nor a valve cover with a fitting in the spot where the first red arrow is. Yours is a 1.9 DOHC, right?
You found it!

Yes its a 1.9 dohc ... the top one, the pcv valve hose, is the more important one for me, that one is hard to makeshift because it must be angled.

the second one is working fine, so you scored big for me! I know it aint nothing to get these off but the fact that you actually did it while u were there for me was very ..very..nice.. I appreciate really it.

send me a PM with your email and amount ...ty!!!!!

-mike

Last edited by mikelife85; 05-18-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:00 AM

Anytime you need to put a 90° angle in a hose, you can go to any hardware store and get a brass or plastic ****** elbow. They are pretty cheap. You have to cut the hose and insert the ****** ends into the hose. For vent hoses like these, you do not need a hose clamp as long as it fits tight.

For the missing hose, you can get a separate filter to fit over that. They are pretty cheap and can be found at AutoZone (and the like) where you find the cold air intakes. These are often used in CAI systems because the CAI may not have a provision for venting the engine. Some people use them because they look cool.

edit: Not sure what is wrong with the word I used. It is barb (ed).

Last edited by keith; 05-19-2014 at 11:03 AM. Reason: did not like my word
Old 05-19-2014, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

adjective: ****** having a barb or barbs.
"****** arrows"
synonyms:jagged, ragged, spiky, sawtooth, irregular, spiny "****** fishhooks"

(of a remark or joke) deliberately hurtful.
"a fair degree of ****** wit"
synonyms:hurtful, wounding, cutting, stinging, mean, spiteful, nasty, cruel, vicious, unkind, snide, scathing, pointed, bitter, acid, caustic, sharp, vitriolic, venomous, poisonous, hostile, malicious, malevolent, vindictive; informal bitchy, catty
"****** remarks"

I guess it crosses the nasty line . shame on you.