Upper transmission Mount

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2021 | 01:47 AM

Could grab another mount from the junk yard, soak it in degreaser. Clean it up good. Fill it and swap it. Then do the same to the old mount to keep as back up

Old 02-02-2021 | 04:14 AM
Super Moderator

Might want to query over at Saturnfans.com in the classifieds. Huge user base compared to our quaint little forum.

Old 02-02-2021 | 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by derf
Might want to query over at Saturnfans.com in the classifieds. Huge user base compared to our quaint little forum.
Saturn fans is dying. I had my 2 vue listed over there for almost a year and not a single reply/message.

Old 02-03-2021 | 01:38 AM
Super Moderator

Sixthsphere is dead unless you are on Facebook. For crying out loud I posted about the white car vibration stuff. I think after the first month seven people read it and not a single reply. I know bones has run the dragon with a bunch of them, and they may be all right people, but don't leave a forum up and ignore people that post. Make it read only.

Saturnfans may be dying, but the information archive left behind by oldnuc (rip), wolfman and the other two people who actually knew what the **** they were talking about is much more diverse than our archive.

Maybe we should launch an offensive. A hostile take over of sorts.

Rube, you spread a conspiracy theory that Saturn never actually existed. DD, you photoshop yourself into every picture of a Saturn you can find. Change all the badges to Jupiter and Photoshop the inset lettering in the bumpers and trunk lids. Meanwhile, janmar will act as deep state which will terrify millions, mostly because they don't know what it is, nor do the rest of us. We must also replace the debunked Q theory with one based on M as it is a much less fringe letter and it has been used in multiple James Bond movies so you know it's real.
/THREADJACK

Old 02-03-2021 | 11:19 AM
|

Originally Posted by DropDead
Could grab another mount from the junk yard, soak it in degreaser. Clean it up good. Fill it and swap it. Then do the same to the old mount to keep as back up
yeah, I’ve just been doing a little research on making your own polyurethane bushings and also filling in the gaps on a stock one. I might take the exact route you just mentioned play with one first before I mess with mine then just have a back up.

Old 02-03-2021 | 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Smokey0210
yeah, I’ve just been doing a little research on making your own polyurethane bushings and also filling in the gaps on a stock one. I might take the exact route you just mentioned play with one first before I mess with mine then just have a back up.
I did it with a brand new one.
but degrease it. And just slow layers until its packed to fill it in. Kinda zig zag across. You wanna make sure you go slow so it fills in, but not slow enough to where it wont form into one solid bushing

Old 02-05-2021 | 10:41 AM
|

Well thanks for all the advice and input. I think I’m gonna go to polyurethane filling way on the original bushings. The other thought I had was maybe finding a control arm bushing that would press into the bracket or something. But, I’ll try the DIY method first